Monday, November 1, 2010

Where do I FIT part 3

Excuse the delay...we have been out of town for 10 days!  Miss y'all!

Where Do I FIT Part 3

I am writing this on my iPhone while on a plane traveling to San Francisco. As thrilled as I am with my personal pocket genius (thanks to a generous friend who gave it to me!) it is not the greatest for typing (fir ecample thus is unedititrd)

Moving on... We are over the great state of Kansas at the moment, Alice, our 2 year old, is in a trance watching a Praise Baby video... (also my husband is in a trance playing ping pong on his iPhone-who knew?)

Great time for mommy blog time.

As I'm sure you're on the edge of your desk chair... I bring you part 3 of our series on "Where Do I FIT?"

If I am called to "put off falsehood" (see part 2) then how in the world do I actually find out who I am?

This brings us to the "I" in our acronym. We find out who we are, and thus, where we fit only in a constant and intimate relationship with the very One who created us. Don't miss this...the term "intimacy" is so used in church these days we can so easily over look it.  Isn't that funny how that happens? 

If we are to ever "find ourselves" we must press into this intimacy, a deep relationship with God. He knows our personalities, talents, desires and potential... He is the ingenious master mind of you.

He is the one who can show you- you, thus I find me by seeking Him.


Beware of false prophets! Many out there tell us to "find ourselves" by traveling the world twice, chanting and humming, love relationships...etc. Dear ones, this is why we must know the Word-it is clear!
 
Psalm 103:14 says “for He knows how we are formed"
WOW.
Psalm 139:1 “O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.”
CLEAR and SIMPLE.
1 Corinthians 8:2-3 “The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know. But the man who loves God is known by God.”
THANK YOU GOD.
 
Other believers, mentors, parents, spiritual tools are wonderful helps but it is really through intimacy with Christ and through His word we find ourselves.

You may be in a loving encouraging home, but when you get to school or the workplace and can’t bear to be “you”. Or you may be in a very broken home and being who God made you to be isn’t very welcome.

I don’t know, but I know the pressure is somewhere for each of us, because our enemy is prowling and if he can get you to become someone not you, you will not have the influence God intended for you.  You will not complete the puzzle.

Dear Friends, let me encourage you, you CAN, through intimacy with Jesus not only find out who you are, but the Holy Spirit can enable to help you walk that out! We are not left alone- Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment